Thursday 18 July 2013

Summer Tag

Here are some fantastic tags from Nicky.


This quarter I decided to get out some distress paints and have a play:

Firstly put some paints on your mat – I used Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Weathered Wood and Brushed Pewter:

Then I spritzed the paints with some water and dragged a tag through it:

Then I sprayed the tag with water to mix the colours even more:

Then I dried the paint using a heat tool:

Look at the fabulous effect!

Next don’t waste the leftout paint on the mat, instead run a piece of muslin or ribbon through it so that you can have a matching tie:

If you have any paint left then give it another spritz with water and drag another tag through – here you will get a completely different colour scheme:

Here are my two backgrounds together:

And yes they are made from exactly the same colours! Cool eh.

Now we just need to finish off the backgrounds:

Place a mask over the tag and gently sponge over using Stormy Sky Distress ink:

Don’t over do this stage as the ink will show up really well even if it looks like you haven’t put a lot on.

Here is the second tag – I used a double mask using Stormy Sky ink for the background of the buildings and then Chipped Sapphire for the building outlines:

The two finished backgrounds:


I then decided to use the second tag as my piece for the summer tag.  Firstly I stamped out some travel images onto white cardstock:


Then I cut out and inked the various pieces with Broken China and Mustard seed inks.  I then attached to them to the tag with staples.  To finish the tag I stamped out a aeroplane and banner and mounted this on using 3d foam:


I hope you like my take on the summer travel theme using yellow and blue.  Distress Paints are lovely to use and, as you can see from the above, you can get great results really quickly.

Thank you so much Nicky.

Don't forget to link your work below using the linky tool.