Sunday 30 June 2013

Monthly Calendar

I don't  know where the time is going.  Another month has flown past and it's time to make our July calendar.  If you want to know more about the idea behind the monthly calendar please look on Kate Crane's blog as the whole thing is her idea.

Our flower of the month for July is the dandelion and I have a great stencil and some stamps.

I put gesso through the stencil randomly over the page and stamped with Archival Ink.

I sprayed two shades of yellow Dylusions Inks with some water.  However the gesso resisted far more than I thought it would.  When the ink was dry I used Distrss Inks and a blending tool to ink through the stencil.  I didn't worry too omuch about whether the stencil lined up or not.

I punched circles from a piece of doublesided cardstock and stuck them onto the page, stamped the month and wrote the days and dates.

All is ready for July 1st.

Please link your calendars via the linky below.